Sunday, January 26, 2014

Almond Biscotti

I've got a sweet tooth, and I always have to have something sweet in the morning. One of my favorite things to make for breakfast is Almond Biscotti. It's a fairly simple recipe, and you can add what you like to spice it up a bit. Sometimes I add some chocolate chunks or drizzle it with chocolate. In the summer, I added some lavender from my herb garden, and it was very refreshing. Get creative and see what you come up with!


First, you mix 2 eggs and 2/3 cup of sugar.


Then you grind up 3/4 cup of almonds in a food processor (I use a mini chopper). Add the almonds, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 3/4 cup of flour, and 1 tsp vanilla to the egg mixture and mix for about 2 minutes.


You will have a sticky dough like the picture above. Take the dough onto a greased cookie sheet and flatten it out in a log shape about 1/2 inch thick (shown below).


Bake the "log" in the oven at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes. Once it is removed from the oven, let it cool for 5-10 minutes.


Slice the log at an angle into pieces about 1/2 inch in width. Turn each slice on its side (shown above), and bake it in the oven again for 5 minutes. Turn the biscotti onto its other side, and bake again for 5 minutes.


Allow the biscotti to cool, and then...enjoy this "twice baked" cookie with coffee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment