Saturday, January 25, 2014

Lavender Linen Spray

So as I've mentioned before, I think one of the greatest feelings is crawling into freshly washed sheets. What makes it even better is when they smell amazing! I use a homemade lavender linen spray on my sheets and towels every week, and on Saturday nights I get the best sleep ever! The lavender scent is so calming. Last Spring I saw a recipe for lavender linen spray in a Country Living magazine. I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, so I decided to concoct my own spray - the recipe is a keeper. 



I first boil water in a sauce pan, and then I let it cool to room temperature. This is done to make sure the spray is clear and not foggy.


All you need are a few ingredients - water, Isopropyl Alcohol, a 5 oz empty bottle, a funnel, and lavender essential oil. First, you funnel the water into your empty bottle with just a little room left at the top. Then you pour about 1/2 tsp of the alcohol into the bottle. Lastly, pour in about 30 drops of lavender essential oil in your bottle. Put on the cap, and shake it. I also had some cute labels custom made to add to my bottles. It is such a simple recipe, and it really does make your linens smell amazing! 


This also makes a great gift - Pair it with a linen tea towel, some homemade soap, or a turkish towel!

No comments:

Post a Comment