Friday, January 10, 2014

Apple Crisp

It's been really cold this week in Pennsylvania, and last night I needed a sweet homemade dessert to warm me up. There is nothing like a bowl of apple crisp fresh out of the oven on a cold evening. 


In the fall, I make and can homemade apple pie filling. It comes in handy on days like yesterday when I wanted something quick and easy! All I had to do was reach into the pantry and pull out a jar.


First you place the pie filling in your baking dish.


Then you mix together in a small bowl the following ingredients:

1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of oats
1/2 cup of brown sugar
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of baking powder
1/4 cup of melted butter


After all that is mixed, you sprinkle it on the top of your apples and bake in the oven for 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

And lastly - dig in while it's still warm! To make it even better - add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment