Monday, February 10, 2014

Entertaining Pieces

I love entertaining pieces. I especially love the styles of Pottery Barn and Ballard Designs. Having friends over for meals can be a bit stressful at times due to all the preparations, but I love it because I get to use my favorite tabletop dishes! White/Cream entertaining dishes always catch my eye when I'm browsing. They go well with 
anything, and I love the clean and simple look. 

In the picture below, I pulled out a few of my favorites. I got the trifle bowl as a gift, so I'm not sure exactly where it came from. It adds a lot of elegance to a simple dessert! I have made numerous trifles and desserts in this dish, and it always looks great. 

I also love my beverage containers. In the very back  of the picture there is a large glass jar with a ladle for serving. I prefer this style over a standard punch bowl. You can't see it - but the lid and ladle are hammered, and I love that extra detail. You can fill it up with your favorite punch recipe, and I like to add in some fresh fruit. I also love my juice jars. These are perfect for brunches. I've seen so many versions of the juice jar, and I love them all. Next to my juice jar is my milk carafe. Another great piece for brunches!  I purchased all three of these beverage dispensers at Pottery Barn.

It is difficult to see in the photo, but on my serving trays are three miniature pitchers. I received these as a gift, and they are part of the Southern Living Collection from Ballard Designs. They are the cutest little pitchers ever. They work great for salad dressing and sauces. I hate having a salad dressing bottle on the table when hosting a meal, and these were absolutely perfect for it!

These are just a few of my favorite pieces, I could go on and on! Entertaining pieces are probably my favorite thing to shop for! We don't have a whole lot of space in our home, so I try and purchase pieces that are versatile and that coordinate well with the rest of my collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment