Monday, February 17, 2014

Boxwood

One of my favorite plants is boxwood. It looks great year round, and it is easy to care for. I was looking everywhere for a boxwood wreath before Christmas. I found a few I liked, but none that were exactly what I was looking for. Initially, I planned to buy a fake wreath, because I didn't think a real one would last long. A few weeks before Christmas, I was shopping at Trader Joe's and saw they had beautiful real boxwood wreaths for just $9.99. I was so excited! It was just what I was looking for -aside from the fact that it was real. I When I put it up, I religiously misted it with water daily to keep it looking fresh. It is now February 17th, and my wreath still looks great. It dried so beautifully, and I think I'll be able to use for years to come. I wish I had bought a few more for decoration, but maybe they'll have them again next year!


I also have a little boxwood topiary plant in our kitchen. This one needs trimmed up a bit, but it is so easy to care for. I love homes decorated with small boxwood topiaries, and I also love the look of boxwood in gardens. It adds a bit of formality and structure to your garden. Find a way to include boxwood into your home :)


No comments:

Post a Comment