Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

And I'm back with another great fall recipe! This one not only tastes amazing, but it brings to mind a lot of memories for me. For many years growing up at home, my mom would make this cake. When the fall season started, I knew I could look forward to enjoying this tasty treat after school at some point. It is one of my favorite cakes, and now I look forward to making it each fall. 


First you mix together the following ingredients in a mixer:
4 beaten eggs
1 cup of oil
2 cups of sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 cup of pumpkin 
(I used pumpkin from our garden, but canned works too)
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp of baking soda

Pour the batter into a greased cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.


For the Frosting:

Beat 1 (3 oz) pack of cream cheese, 1 tsp of milk, 6 TBSP of butter, and 3/4 pound of 10x sugar. Frost the cake when it is cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment