Sunday, September 28, 2014

Apple Cake

While fall is not my favorite season, there are certainly things I love about it. I do love bundling up in the chilly evenings. Soup starts to frequent our dinner menus, and coffee and tea are morning necessities. I love the pumpkin and apple candle scents, as well as the smell of leaves changing colors. (I know that doesn't seem to make sense, but fall really does have a  specific "scent" as you wander through the forest of beautifully colored trees.) I also love fall treats. Apples and pumpkins frequent nearly every dessert, and I get pretty excited about baking these seasonal goods. The other day, I made a really delicious Apple Cake from our local community cookbook.



The recipe was submitted by a neighbor, whom I lived by for many years. She always made tasty desserts, so I knew it would be a great recipe.






I decided to top my cake with a glaze by mixing a little milk into powdered sugar.


It was absolutely wonderful! Perfect start to fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment