Saturday, June 28, 2014

Homemade Spearmint Tea

This has been a perfect June weekend. Last evening we kayaked and fished until sundown on the lake. Then we stopped for ice cream on our way home, and the lightening bugs were out! (Summer officially begins for me when I see tiger lilies and lightening bugs). 

Today consisted of our usual Saturday chores, but we ended our day trying some delicious new recipes on the grill. I also made a batch of my father-in-law's spearmint tea (also known as meadow tea), and I thought I'd share the recipe here.

Spearmint Tea


Bring about 2 quarts of water to a slow boil and add about 9-10 sprigs of spearmint leaves. Turn back the heat to Medium High and let the leaves steep for about 5 minutes. Turn the burner off and let the leaves continue to steep for about an hour. Add in sugar (I used 1/4 cup, but it depends on how sweet you like it) while the tea is still warm. Squeeze your tea leaves to get extra flavor and remove them from your tea. Pour in a pictcher and refrigerate until cold.


Enjoy an ice cold glass while relaxing on your porch in the evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment