Sunday, June 29, 2014

Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Tonight for dinner I made one of our favorite side dishes - garlic mashed sweet potatoes. I have a great recipe for garlic mashed potatoes, and recently I decided to make it using sweet potatoes - and I'm glad I did! I love sweet potatoes, but adding extra sweetness with sugar and marshmallows is not for me - too sweet! Whenever I prepare sweet potatoes, I always use garlic and other Italian seasonings, and the flavor is great! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.


Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes

3 sweet potatoes
2 tsp garlic powder
3 oz of cream cheese
2 TBSP butter
1/8 to 1/4 cup of milk
paprika

First you peel and cube your sweet potatoes. Boil the sweet potatoes until soft. Place the sweet potatoes into a mixer with the cream cheese, butter, and garlic powder. Mix the potatoes to mash, and slowly add your milk to the desired consistency. Place in a baking dish, dot with butter, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment