Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hydrangeas

I love all flowers, but hydrangeas are one of my favorites. They come in so many different colors, and they are so easy to make arrangements with. All you need is a few blooms and a vase, and it effortlessly turns into something gorgeous. For the last few years, hydrangeas have been in all the home decor magazines. Last summer when they were in bloom I had them all through my house. The best part is... they're all still here and have dried so beautifully! 

I used to have absolutely no luck with drying hydrangeas. Everyone said it was so simple, because all you had to do was let them sit in a vase and dry on their own. I don't know how many times I was disappointed when this didn't work for me. I would come home from the grocery store every now and then with a beautiful bouquet, and I had high hopes that this bunch would dry nicely. It failed time after time. 

I do believe it depends on the type of hydrangeas you have. I purchased a limelight hydrangea last spring, and my problems were finally solved. While the shape of the blooms is slightly more cone-shaped as opposed to the big round balls, they are still beautiful. Nearly all my flowers from this limelight dried perfectly (and all I had to do was let them sit in a vase)! If you're like me trying to figure out the whole dried hydrangea thing - buy a limelight this spring! You won't be disappointed. 

Below is a picture of my dried hydrangeas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment