Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Food as Decor


I love to decorate in the kitchen with food. It is something you have to buy, and you can get creative with it. Here are a few pictures of how I incorporated it into my kitchen.



 I love to use fresh basil when cooking- it has great flavor. It also brings warmth to your kitchen in those cold winter months when nothing outside is green or fresh. In the summer I grow my own in my herb garden, but I bought this fresh basil at the local grocery store, put it in a vase with some water, and displayed it on my new cake stand I got for Christmas. 
Cake Stand - dBO Pomegranate Ceramic Dessert Tier from www.westelm.com



 Our Kitchen is yellow-I've always wanted a yellow kitchen. Although my tastes are changing some, I still love yellow accents. I got this colander at a Harry and David store last year. A local high school FFA group was selling the grapefruit, so we bought a box, and I've incorporated this fruit into our kitchen decor as well. I often fill this colander with other fruits - apples, bananas, peaches, etc. Fruit always looks good on display, and adds natural color. 




No comments:

Post a Comment